Class of 2017 EA Project
EA Project Completion Checklist
1. Select a project from the following guides:
- Pre-Approved Projects – After completing the “My Plan” form proceed to the Pre-Approved Project section below.
- Design Your Own EA Project Guide – After completing the My Plan form proceed to the DYO Project section below.
2. Complete the Career/College/EA Survey – 2017 using this link >>> Survey!!!
Pre-Approved Project – Follow the steps below
1. If needed: Complete the VOLUNTEER BACKGROUND CHECK // (Spanish Version) as per the Directions before moving on. Please note SFSD employees are not required to complete a background check.
2. Using the Work Plan and Journal, log what you actually did and the hours you spent. You MUST document details and hours as evidence.
3. Complete all of the required elements listed on the individual project guide.
4. After you complete the project guide requirements:
- Write a Reflection Paper.
- Put together your portfolio using the appropriate scoring guide from your project guide as a checklist.
- Prepare your presentation using the presentation scoring guide from your project guide as a checklist.
5. Turn in your completed portfolio at the time of your presentation!
6. Complete the presentation and any final touches.
Design Your Own Project (DYO) – Follow the below steps
1. CIS Work……
- Scroll over the My Portfolio tab and click Senior Project/EA Project.
- For first time use click Create a new EA Project, every other time click Edit Existing Project. Do not create more than one!
- Complete the Project Information section to the best of your ability.
- Complete the Essential Question and Project Proposal sections. Use the DYO Proposal Checklist as you go.
- Turn in the completed Project Proposal and WAIT for approval.
- The Skills and Knowledge and Career-Related Learning Standards sections ARE NOT REQUIRED!
2. Complete the Mentor Selection and Agreement Packet.
- Wait for an approved Background Check before moving on. Be sure to follow the directions! Please note SFSD employees are not required to complete a background check.
3. Using the Work Plan and Journal, log what you actually did and the hours you spent. You MUST document details and hours as evidence. You may also use the CIS form but will need to save that separately.
4. Complete all of the required elements listed in your approved Project Proposal.
5. After you complete the actual project:
- Login to CIS and complete the Reflection and Abstract sections.
- Put together your portfolio using the Portfolio Scoring Guide (DYO) as a checklist.
- Prepare your presentation using the Presentation Scoring Guide as a checklist.
6. Turn in your completed portfolio at the time of your presentation!
7. Complete the presentation and any final touches.
- Apprentice ATD Research your Career 3-30-11
- Apprentice CTE regional contacts 2014 – 2015
- Apprentice Highway Careers Pathway Poster – sample photo
You may need one or more of the following files while working on your project. Ask your Advisor to be sure.
- EA SFSD Facility Rental Application
- Project Ideas
- Job Application Form
- Chronological Resume Assignment Sheet
- Cover Letter Assignment Sheet
- Mock Interview Evaluation
- The Compare the Services Guide– for military exploration
- DO NOT procrastinate!
- Ask for help when needed. Mrs. Emmert or Mrs. White are available- just request a time to see one of them to ask questions!
- Keep copies of EVERYTHING as evidence.
- Be sure to follow all the steps.
- Check under the job shadow tab for related files.
- Check the website often for updates.
- Remember that this project is all about YOU! Have fun!
For any questions or details please contact Kim Emmert or Stacey White at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or 503-873-6331.