Scholarships Available to Juniors
Bezos Scholars Program-Class of 2018
Applicants must meet these criteria:
- Junior status during the 2016-17 academic year
- Legal U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have received DACA status
- Demonstration of leadership in one’s school and community
- Have taken at least one of these tests: PSAT, SAT, ACT, or ACT Aspire
- Be enrolled in, or have taken, one or more Advanced Placement (AP) classes, International Bacclaureate (IB) classes, or college-level courses
- Availability to participate in all program dates, including June 24-30, 2017 in Aspen, Colorado.
For more information, click on the link below:
The Coolidge Scholarship is an annually awarded, full-ride, presidential scholarship that covers a student’s tuition, room, board, and expenses for four years of undergraduate study and leadership training. The Coolidge may be used by recipients at any accredited American college or university. Anyone of any background, pursuing any academic discipline of study, may apply to this non-partisan, need-blind, program.
Students apply for the Coolidge Scholarship during their junior year of high school. Finalists are flown in for a finalist weekend at the Coolidge Historic Site in Plymouth Notch, Vermont where they interview with the Coolidge Scholars Finalist Jury, chaired by Dr. Bruce Cole, former chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Recipients of the Coolidge Scholarship are notified of their award in late May of their junior year, before college application (note: current high school seniors are not eligible to apply).
Applications must be received by: 7:00 PM EST, February 22, 2017
Click link for more information and application: https://coolidgescholars.org
Greenfield Peace Writing Scholarship
Open to Oregon high school juniors and seniors.
Express yourself in an original essay, narrative, or poem.
Writing scholarship question: How would you solve the public health crisis of gun violence?
Entries must be received by March 6th, 2017.
Click on this link for more information: http://www.oregonpsr.org
Moody’s Mega Math Challenge-Class of 2017 & 2018
- High School juniors and seniors
- Teams of 3-5 students with 1 teacher-coach
- Free and entirely internet-based
- Challenge weekend: February 24-27, 2017
- Choose your continuous 14 hour worktime
- REGISTER BY FEBRUARY 17, 2017