Seniors and families who would like more help completing/submitting their FAFSA application are invited to join us on Monday, February 5, for our FAFSA Lab Night. Folks from OSAC will be back to help walk families through the process and answer any specific questions you may have. Please bring your Laptop or Chromebook and meet us in the Library at 6pm on Monday, February 5!
Please have the following available to you when completing the 2024-25 FAFSA form:
Your Social Security Number (student and parents/guardians) Your A-Number (if you’re not a US citizen)
Federal income tax returns (you have the option to allow FAFSA to link to your IRS information)
Your current balance of cash, savings, and checking accounts
An FSA ID (account username and password) to log in to studentaid.gov
Local Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships offer greater financial opportunities for your next venture: Community College, University, or Trade School!
Local scholarships for the Class of 2024 will start to open on January 1, 2024. Not all scholarships open at the same time, so you will need to keep an eye on our scholarship page.
If you need assistance with your cap and gown, please visit the Counseling Center as soon as possible. The Counseling Center has a limited number of caps and gowns for students who need them to borrow. If you plan to use a sibling or friend’s cap and gown, make sure it matches!
The commencement ceremony for the Silverton High School Class of 2024 will be on June 6, 2024. Additional information and details are TBD.
Yearbook Senior Photo Deadline
Senior photos are due December 15, 2023. Please see the information listed below about requirements and submission information. If you have questions, please reach out to our yearbook team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Photo Requirements
• Due December 15, 2023
• Submit only one photo
• 300 DPI
• Vertical Orientation (portrait) — the photo should be taller than it is wide
• 2” × 3”
• No photographer watermarks or other advertisements
• No borders of any kind around the image (black, white, colored, or otherwise)
• No text
• No sunglasses
• No offensive signage, controversial slogans, or other inappropriate content of any kind
• Do not upload screenshots of images, these will not be print quality
• If the photo does not meet these requirements, your school photo may be used
• Acceptable file formats: .jpg or .png
• Name your file: lastname_firstname_seniorphoto
• Link to submit photo