Silverton High School
June 15th & 16th, 2021
- Class of 2022 – Do you think you may be pursuing a career in public service, history or political science? If so, you may be interested in applying for The United States Senate Youth Program. Please visiit the SHS website for more information or visit the Counseling Center to talk to Mrs. White. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience for high school students!
- Please remember to return all library books, textbooks, calculators, Chromebooks, chargers, and hotspots to the library by 3:30 p.m. on Friday, June 18. NOTE: Even if you are taking summer school classes you will need to return your Chromebooks for updates. You will then get another one checked out to you at the beginning of summer school. See Mrs. Sallee if you have questions.
- Cheer Tryouts! This week there will be tryouts for our 2021-2022 Cheer Team. We are looking forward to a full fall season of sports, and you will love the fun that is being a part of Cheer! Tryouts take place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (17th, 18th, 19th). See Mrs. Martinson in Athletics for the information, or temail Coach Melanie!
- With the end of the school year upon us all, the Athletic Department would like to remind you that there are many athletic activities going on this summer in preparation for our fall season sports! Be sure to connect with coaches, or the Athletic Dept, if you have not already received summer plans and schedules. Also check in frequently to the website www.silvertonfoxes.com for ongoing announcements. REMEMBER: you will need to be fully registered in Register My Athlete by Aug. 16th to be able to continue to participate. Be watching for our sports physical clinic coming up in July! GO FOXES!
June 10th & 11th, 2021
- Congratulations to the following Winter sports teams for placing in the OSAA Top 10 Academic All-State – Way to go, Foxes!
- Boys Basketball, 3-way tie for 2nd place, 3.77 avg GPA
- Girls Basketball, 6th place, 3.83 avg GPA
- Wrestling, tie for 2nd place, 3.41 avg GPA
- • Athletic update: All interested students/athletes! The registration window for Fall sports will open July 19th in Register My Athlete. All rathletic egistration is done online at the Resister My Athlete site.
- All students interested in playing football next season: We’ve already started our summer workouts and will soon be starting our practices! If you have never played before or took last year off, use this season as an opportunity to get on the team and have a great time becoming a better version of yourself! We have one of the best programs in the state and want YOU to be a part of it! Contact Coach Craig if you have any questions. GO FOXES! BATTLE!
June 8th & 9th, 2021
- Seniors, please return all materials (Chromebooks/chargers, calculators, library books, textbooks) to the library by 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 9. If you are finished with them early, turn them in early! See Mrs. Sallee if you have questions.
- The girls’ soccer meeting as been moved to Tuesday, June 8th at 4:00 by the soccer shed at the Pine Sports Complex. Coach Gary will see you then!
- Athletic update: Interested students/athletes! The registration window for Fall sports will open July 19th in Register My Athlete. Remember, all registration is done online at www.registermyathlete.com
- Silverton Wrestling Senior night! Come out to McGinnis Field to celebrate our senior wrestlers (if weather permits). Ceremony at 5:15pm
Wrestling starts at 5:30pm June 3rd & 4th, 2021
- Maps Credit Union and our Maps Community Foundation recently awarded college scholarships to 3 Silverton High School graduating seniors. They each are receiving $1,000.
- Hayden Forster is receiving a Phil Frey Memorial Scholarship
- Lillian Kelley is receiving a Dan Penn Scholarship
- Efimya Kuzmin is receiving a general Maps Credit Union Scholarship
- Don’t forget that the 2021-2022 Dance Team Tryouts are this Friday and Saturday! Please come see, or contact, Mrs. Martinson in Athletics for details! GO FOXES!
- Seniors! Please return all materials (Chromebooks/chargers, calculators, library books, textbooks) to the library by 3:30 p.m. next Wednesday, June 9. If you are finished with them early, turn them in early! See Mrs. Sallee if you have questions.
June 1st & 2nd, 2021
- Seniors, please return all materials (Chromebooks/chargers, calculators, library books, textbooks) to the library by 3:30 p.m. next Wednesday, June 9. If you are finished with them early, turn them in early! See Mrs. Sallee if you have questions.
May 25th – 29th, 2021
- The Red Cross is sponsoring our Spring Blood Drive on Wednesday (5/26) from 1-6. Every donation will help three families and be used in the next 40 days. If you are 16 and over, you can participate by signing up here: https://forms.gle/wStUhrwnArw14y6A
- Dance Team tryouts are right around the corner for next year’s team. Dance is an OSAA sanctioned sport that runs from fall through winter. Tryouts are June 4th and 5th! If you have any questions, see Mrs. Martinson in Athletics, or visit the Dance page at https://band.us/n/a0ae5cX252ffw.
- Congratulations to our Girls Golf team for taking 2nd place in Springfield last week at a non- OSAA sanctioned “State” tournament. There were 64 golfers representing 12 teams at Pine ridge Golf Club and our Varsity Foxes had a great day of golf! Akelina Cheremnov, Kalyssa Efimov, Anfisa Samoilov, and Ellie Traeger
- The SFSD Custodial/Maintenance Department is looking to hire students, for an 8 week time period, during the summer months to work in the school district with our Custodial/Maintenance staff; beginning July 1st. Rate of pay begins at $12.75/hour. Applicants need to be physically fit for this type of work. We would like them to be 16 and have a valid driver’s license. Students interested may pick up an application from our District District Office. Applications accepted through Friday, June 11th, 4:00 pm. Please contact the Custodial/Maintenance Department at 503-873-5303 x 1124 or E mail Maintenance@silverfalls.k12.or.us if any questions.
May 18th & 19th, 2021
- Tryouts for the 2021-2022 CHEER and DANCE teams are coming up quickly! Dance team tryouts are JUNE 4th and Cheer team tryouts begin JUNE 17th. If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Martinson in the Athletic Office right away for all the details! 503-873-6331 Ext. 3824 or click here to email Mrs. Martinson
May 13th & 14th, 2021
- You are invited to the Best Fox Ever Interviews and Finale this Friday, May 14th at 7:00pm via zoom. We will be conducting interviews, announcing the final three contestants, and then finally, announcing the 2021 Best Fox Ever! Our judges and audience members will vote for the best interview. Visit our fundraising website – this will be the last opportunity to donate and help your favorite contestant win! Click here for zoom join link.
- Fox Athletes: The OSAA and NFHS (Nat’l Federation of High School Sports & Activities) are partnering with Dr. Timothy McGuine of the University of Wisconsin to help collect data for a study on the impact of restarting high school sports on the health of adolescent athletes. The objective of this study is to document the effect that participation in organized sports has on the physical activity, quality of life and mental health of adolescents during the CoVID-19 pandemic. High school students who want to take part in the study are asked to click here to complete a short, anonymous, online survey (Deadline May 31). Participating students are asked to get permission from their parents beforehand.
- Scholarship application for 9th-12th grade Varsity Athletes! For at least a decade, Moda Health has recognized the Player of the Game / Athlete of the Meet during OSAA State Championships across numerous activities. Without formal Championships this year, all 9th – 12th grade Varsity athletes are eligible to apply! Two $1,000 scholarships will be awarded!! Applications are due Friday, June 4th. Click here for the application.
May 4th & 5th, 2021
- Athletes! Basketball tryouts will begin next Monday, May 10th, for BOTH girls and boys teams. It is very important that you are in the gyms on Monday if you are interested! It is also required that you have a COMPLETED registration in Register My Athlete, as you will not be allowed to participate otherwise. Here are the details:
o GIRLS BASKETBALL – Tryouts begin May 10th, 2:30 – 5:00 pm in the Main Gym. Contact Coach Ogle, Coach Ulven, or Mrs. Martinson in Athletics for practice schedules or questions.
o BOYS BASKETBALL – Tryouts begin May 10th, Juniors and Seniors @ 3:30 in the Aux Gym, and Freshmen and Sophomores @ 5:30 in the Main Gym. Please see Mrs. Martinson if you have questions.
o SWIMMING and WRESTLING – Officially begin on Monday. For questions, contact Swim Coach Rogers, Wrestling Coach Wilson, or Mrs. Martinson with questions.
- Seniors – there are just 2 local scholarships still open! The Justin Little Memorial Scholarship and the Silverton Lions Club Scholarship. These are both due this Friday, May 7th. Please return your completed application to Christy Chorazy in the Counseling Office.