During the 2020-21 school year, The Bulletin is emailed to teachers on Wednesday and Friday mornings to be read aloud during 8th period.
Silverton High School
April 2, 2021
- Student Drivers – Don’t forget! Beginning Monday, April 12th, a parking pass will need to visible in all parked vehicles on campus during school hours. If you have already submitted your parking form, your parking pass will be delivered to you in class the week of April 5th. If you have not turned in your form, a copy of the form may be picked up from the high school or may be downloaded from our website. There will be no charge for the parking pass, but you will still need to fill out and sign the parking form and submit vehicle information to be able to park on campus.
- Our Key Club partnered with the SHS Interact Club for an amazingly successful food drive. Students put out 2,500 bags for food collection and spent 4 days sorting all the donated items. This was Key Club’s first food drive. They collected 4,276 pounds of food! All items collected were donated to SACA and will directly benefit our local community. Well done, Foxes!
- Seniors – Local Scholarships due Monday, April 5th:
o Silver Fox Foundation
o Stayton Cooperative Telephone Company
o Kevin McFadden Trades Scholarship
Details and directions can be found on our SHS Scholarship webpage or contact our Scholarship Coordinator, Mrs. Chorazy if you have any questions!
March 31, 2021
- Wow! Next week Foxes Spring Sports begin! Are you registered? Have you thought about participating in Girls or Boys Tennis, Girls or Boys Golf, Track & Field, Baseball, or Softball? Some practices and tryouts will begin on Monday! If you have questions, contact Mrs. Martinson or touch base with one of our outstanding coaches:
Girls Tennis – Coach Pool
Boys Tennis – Coach Merrifield
Girls Golf – Coach Ogle
Boys Golf – Coach Sigado
Softball – Coach Cortez
Baseball – Coach Bennett
Track & Field – Coach Cross
- Freshmen Foxes – Don’t forget tomorrow’s Freshmen Virtual Orientation at 1:00 pm. Google Meet Code: shs2024
- Class of 2021 – Here are the scholarships CLOSING this week. Make sure you get your application submitted on time!! Follow directions found on our SHS Scholarship webpage or contact our Scholarship Coordinator, Mrs. Chorazy, if you have any questions!Silverton Kiwanis 3/31
MAPS Credit Union 3/31
Elizabeth Hoke Memorial 4/1
Darrin Ulven 4/2
Silverton Zenith Women’s Club 4/1
March 12, 2021
- Student Drivers – As we transition to in-person hybrid, a pass will be required to park on campus. There will be no charge for the parking pass. A copy of the form may be picked up from the high school or downloaded from our website. There is no charge for the pass, but you will still need to fill out and sign a parking form and submit vehicle and license information to park on campus. You may drop off forms starting Monday or email the completed form to our bookkeeper, Ms. Aguilar. Once your form has been submitted, your physical parking pass will be delivered to you the week of April 5th. You can park on campus without a visible parking pass until April 8th. Beginning April 8th, a parking pass will need to visible in all parked vehicles on campus. Click here to download the Parking Pass From.
- Attention FBLA State qualifiers! We will be having a virtual state preparation workshop on Wednesday, March 17th, from 1:00-2:00 pm. Code shsfbla. A reminder that all state submissions are due March 31st to Mrs. Miles. Please see your email for specific state deadlines and timeframes.
- FBLA Members – our next Chapter Meeting will be Monday, March 29th at 5:00 pm. We will be meeting outdoors (covered) behind the CTE building near the tennis courts at SHS, or you can join us virtually using code shsfbla.
- Foxes! If you are interested in a Spring Sport – Track & Field, Tennis, Baseball, Softball, or Golf – now is the time to start thinking about getting your athletic registration completed in Register My Athlete! Don’t wait until the last minute, only to find out you need an updated sports physical. For Baseball and Softball, pitching and catching athletes begin officially on March 22nd. Your registration needs to be complete by then. For all other spring athletes, the official start of the season and tryouts is April 5th. You MUST have completed registration at that time to participate. Please email Mrs. Martinson if you have any questions regarding your eligibility, the registration process, or how to get in touch with a coach. Your promptness is appreciated! GO FOXES!
March 10, 2021
- All Students – stay tuned for the Standard Weekly Schedule as we return to In-Person Hybrid. It will be posted on our website, as well, and sent through StudentSquare.
- Just a reminder that our Athletic Department is offering Live Streaming through NFHS. Go to our athletic website www.silvertonfoxes.com for more information or click here to go directly to set up your account. There is NO charge for any of our live streams through the end of our 2020-2021 athletic year. We are currently live streaming Football, Boys and Girls Soccer, and Volleyball. If another school is not streaming for our away events, check that school’s athletic website to see if there is possibly a stream happening via Facebook, YouTube, etc. LET’S GO FOXES!
- Class of 2021 – the last day to submit a scholarship application for the Willamette Valley Road Runner Scholarship is this Friday, March 12th. Your application must be postmarked on 3/12/2021. The link to the application is on our SHS website under Scholarship Opportunities.
- Seniors – The application deadline for two big local scholarships: Mabel Almquist and SHS Alumni are DUE March 15th (Monday). Mrs. Chorazy will accept completed applications dropped off at SHS until 3:15 pm that day.
March 5, 2021
- Key Club is getting ready to begin its first ever food drive! They are partnering with SACA and SHS Interact Club to collect food for Silverton families in need. They will be dropping off collection bags to homes around Silverton on Saturday, March 13th and will be picking up the bags of food on Saturday, March 20th. The high school will also be used as a drive through drop off site on Saturday, March 20th for those who want to simply drop food off. All food donations will go to SACA and benefit our local community. Want to help? Common items needed are: Baby products, baking ingredients, personal hygiene Items and canned goods. Contact Mr. Craig for more information.
- March 5th is National Speech and Debate Education Day! A huge thank you to the Amazing Ms. Kantrowitz for all she does to build and support our Speech and Debate program.
March 3, 2021
- Congratulations to Silverton FBLA’s Regional Competitors who competed at the end of February in the following events and best of luck to FBLA’s state qualifiers who will compete in April!
- Website Design – 1st: Elle Fischer, 2nd: Bridgette Hawker, 3rd: Claire Kuenzi and Jenna Schurter
- Intro to Public Speaking – 1st: Jenna Schurter
- Intro to Event Planning – 1st: Kira Bailey, Livi Albers-DuBay and Reese Johnston 2nd: Hailey Smith and Megan Fischer
- Sales Presentation – 1st: Kirsten Kuenzi and Erin Towery 2nd: Catherine Hyde, Lillian Walter and Molly Kuenzi
- Public Speaking – 1st: Isaac Semerikov, 2nd Jackson Meyer
- Agribusines – 1st: Marissa Johnston
- Broadcast Journalism – 1st: Isaac Semerikov and Chandler Kuenzi
- E-Business – 1st: Marissa Johnston and Chloe Hupp
- Supply Chain Management: 2nd: Chloe Hupp
- Accounting 1 – 1st: Jackson Meyer
- Organizational Leadership – 1st: Bridgette Hawker
- Sports and Entertainment Management – 1st: Stella Harrison and Laryssa Stevens
- Athletics – Fox Fans! We are excited that our Fall Season begins this week! Girls and Boys Soccer both played last night vs. West Albany. The Girls Varsity Soccer tied West Albany 1-1 in the last few minutes. The Boys Varsity Soccer lost against West Albany 0-2 late in the game. They played tough and well the entire game! Football begins on Saturday for our Varsity, JV, and Freshmen teams. Each of those games is at West Salem HS. Volleyball begins next week on the March 9thand Cross Country on March 10th.
Currently, NO SPECTATORS ARE ALLOWED at the events or on school property surrounding the event. However, we can Live Stream all home events occurring at McGinnis Field and in our Main Gymnasium. We have arranged for this to be a FREE service for our Fox fans. Click here to set up an account with password to access your free service! A full schedule of events can be found at OSAA’ s website. Please email or call Mrs. Martinson at 503-873-6331 ext. 3824 with any questions.
- Class of 2021 – A few scholarships are due soon:
- PEO Chapter CX Vicki Harris Memorial Scholarship due March 5th – This scholarship is available to SHS senior women who plan to attend an accredited Oregon Institution for the academic year 2021/2022.
- Silverton High School Alumni Scholarship: Due March 15th
- Mabel Almquist Scholarship: Due March 15th
Please go to our SHS scholarship opportunities web page for all the application information! If you have questions, please email Mrs. Chorazy in the Counseling Office: 503-873-6331 Ext. 3826
February 25, 2021
- STUDENTS – Do you have textbooks or supplies to pick up for Quarter 3? Stop by the High School any weekday from 7:30 am – 3:30 pm and someone will be able to help you.
- Our Fall sports seasons for Football, Boys and Girls Soccer, and Cross Country begin next week with games, contests, and matches! Spectators are not allowed at the events due to our current COVID metrics and restrictions; however, events will be available Live Stream for Fox Fans! Please attend our virtual Town Hall meeting tonight to learn how to view the events with the available Live Stream, and to hear all the latest news and updates. This will be an interactive Town Hall Meeting. Parents and fans will have an opportunity to have their questions answered. The meeting link will be provided on our Athletic Website this afternoon. It will also available as an announcement in your Register My Athlete account on Thursday afternoon.
- The first Car Club meeting will be Thursday, March 11th from 2 pm-4 pm. Please contact Mr. Green for more information.
February 10, 2021
- Do you like math? Would you like to learn how to program? Join the “”Weird Math for Robots” Club. In this club, we will look at the algorithms used to stabilize drones and provide absolute orientation. We will program with an incredibly simple programming language. No previous robotics or programming experience required. It will be fun and confusing! If you are interested in participating, send an email to Mr. Schweickert.
- Attention All Students: If you finished using your textbooks or other school materials from 1st semester, please return them as soon as possible! Items may be returned at the high school’s main entrance any weekday between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. We will also offer a drive-through drop-off option to return items on this Friday, February 12, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Quarter 3 starts on Monday! There will be a drive-through textbook and supply pick-up on Monday, February 15, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the high school. You will also be notified directly by email if one or more of your classes for the 3rd Quarter require a textbook or supplies. Only students with items to pick-up will receive an email. The email notification will also have further information regarding the drive-through pick-up process.
February 5, 2021
- Hello Seniors! Curt’s Barbershop Trades Scholarship closes on Friday, February 12th. This is a fantastic opportunity to be selected for a scholarship award that applies to any type of trade school or apprenticeship. The application is short and sweet and can be found on our SHS website under Scholarship Opportunities. Please have your completed application turned in to Christy Chorazy at SHS before 3:15pm on Friday, February 12th.
- Do you need some fresh spirit gear? Don’t forget the Dance Team is doing a sweatshirt/t-shirt fundraiser! You can find ordering information on the SHS Athletic Website: www.silvertonfoxes.com
February 3, 2021
- A big congratulations to Mya Kuzmin for taking 5th place in Student Congress at the McMinnville High School Speech and Debate Invitational last weekend! Speech and Debate is competing virtually this season, so keep an eye out for more great results.
- GSA (Gender and Sexuality Alliance) meets virtually today at 1:30 pm. We will be listening to some book talks and playing some games. All are welcome! Use code shskantrowitz to sign in.
- The Foxes Dance Team is doing a sweatshirt/t-shirt fundraiser! Their annual Little Dancers Camp will not take place this spring, so support them in this way. Orders must be received by February 15th. Click here to order or visit our SHS Athletic Website: www.silvertonfoxes.com for more information.
- Seniors: Two scholarships have just opened on our Silverton High School Scholarship page! The Lions Club of Silverton and Molalla Communications Scholarship are now OPEN. Please call or email Mrs. Chorazy if you have any questions!