What is a job shadow?
The act of job shadowing is utilized by students simply wanting to experience a particular career opportunity. The “shadower” will follow the professional and observe their daily work.
Option 1: Onsite Job Shadow – 10th Job Shadow Timeline
- 2-4 hours outside of class time
- Complete the Background Check Form (Updated) // (Spanish Version) requirements as per the Background Check Directions
- Complete the AG Pre Arranged Absence Form if needed.
- Complete Job Shadow Agreement.
- Are you conducting a Job Shadow in the Medical Field? Read this Presentation: HIPAA Training, take this test: HIPAA Training Exam, and bring the results to Mrs. Geralyn Sheets in room B120.
- Supervisor completes the Job Shadow Performance Evaluation.
- Ask supervisor questions using the Job Shadow Script and Questions form.
- Complete a CRLE Reflection.
- Turn in to all paperwork your AG teacher and place the evidence and forms in your portfolio.
- All students will be expected to give a short presentation on their job shadow experience in their AG.
Please note that you may NOT job shadow any member of your family! Any Job Shadow absence must be pre-approved and last no longer than 4 hours.
Option 2: Virtual Job Shadow – Virtual Job Shadow Document
- Choose three careers that you are interested in and research all three careers.
- Use these resources to help you with your research: Career Videos, CareerOneStop
- Your research for each career should cover the following in YOUR OWN WORDS and be submitted with your final report. Each bullet listed below should be 1 paragraph long. Each career you research should be 7 paragraphs long, and you should end up with 21 total paragraphs (with at least 4 sentences in each paragraph).
- Career Description – Describe the career
- Required Education – How much education or what degree/training do you need?
- Earnings – How much money you will earn working in this career?
- Future Outlook – Will there be many jobs available in this career or only a limited number?
- Additional Links – List two other items you learned about this career.
- School Search – Find two schools, apprenticeship programs, etc. that you might attend for this career.
- Jobs/Internship – List two jobs or internships you could apply for to help you build skills for this career.
- After your research is complete, choose the occupation you think you are most interested in and write a reflection that highlights all the positive and negative characteristics of this job, business or occupation.
- List you plans moving forward to pursue this job or career.
- All students will be expected to give a short presentation on their virtual job shadow in their AG.
- Complete a CRLE Reflection Form
Please note that you may NOT job shadow any member of your family!
For any questions or details please contact Heather Bashor at email@example.com or 503-873-6331 ext. 3820.