Scholarship Criteria: Two annual $2,000.00 scholarships have been established, one to a senior female student and one to a senior male student. Those eligible are mid-Willamette Valley High School Seniors who have demonstrated outstanding achievements in academics, leadership, and running. These individuals should be a team player who has participated in either cross-country, track and field, or in a running-related activity. They should demonstrate a positive attitude, perseverance, be motivators, and have good attendance at their running activities and school. Scholarships will be awarded to both a male and female worthy graduating senior who plans to attend a two or four-year school of higher education. Recipients are chosen by a committee of 5 WVRR members. They use a scoring system based on your academics, personal essay and letters of recommendation.
- The applicant must meet the minimum academic requirements for college/university admission.
- Include the most current academic transcript.
- The applicant shall submit a typed and signed, essay, which includes the following:
- Description of extra-curricular community services activities;
- A narrative of desired educational institution, career aspirations, degree sought, and future plans;
- Brief personal assessment of weaknesses and strengths;
- Family information (including the justification for financial assistance).
- Include three letters of reference. These shall be typed or legibly written, signed, and must accompany your application. One reference shall be from a high school teacher, one reference from the individual’s cross country or track and field coach, and one reference shall be from another adult who shall be a non-school related person such as a pastor, scout leader, or individual who is not a family member. If the recommender is not able to do an electronic signature, then no signature is acceptable this year. Recommender’s should provide their name and a valid email address at the end of the letter.
Scholarship Amount: 2 – $2000 Scholarships
Application Due Date: Friday, March 12, 2021
Application: Willamette Valley Road Runners Applicant Information 2021
Application turn-in process: Please mail the completed application to:
Kelsy Oldham Scholarship
c/o Willamette Valley Road Runners
PO Box 4002
Salem, OR 97302-1002
If you have any questions or concerns regarding submitting your application for this scholarship, please email Elisabeth Saxe. Click Here to Email